Friday, December 13, 2013

Dads Pot Roast

So I haven't written in a few days because Colin has been home from work :) So just a quick recap...

1) I drove a manual transmission for the first time in 6 years, in the snow and.....I didn't kill it once. Boom.

2) I got to go on my first snow machine ride since I have been up to Alaska.  It was so much fun!!!I am so happy that we have one!  Downside...didn't have any snow pants, which can be a problem.  Colin was very kind and offered me to wear his snow pants.  Now we may be about 1" apart in height...but I have hips.  Luckily for Colin, he does not.  Needless to say, I went out in jeans.  Very cold.  Very wet and cold.  Especially when I fell off the snow machine into more snow.  All in all I had an awesome time!

3) 2 days ago we went on our weekly grocery trip 2 hours north to Fairbanks.  (yes that is the closest grocery store)  We spent all day there, well In Fairbanks not in the grocery store.  Got more dog supplies, got myself some snow pants!!! Got more gloves and another headlamp for myself.

4) I have been a cooking machine!!!  So I would like to share some of my recipes with you on this here blog.  Now, I will have to post some of the ones that I did at a later date because I forgot to take pictures :(  But I do have some to share with you now.  So here is my dad's famous pot roast recipe:

Ingredients:
3-4 All purpose potatoes (peeled and cubed)
4-5 carrots (peeled and cubed)
1 packet Onion Soup Mix
3/4 cup water
1 lb chuck roast
crock pot



Peel and dice carrots and potatoes place in bottom of crock pot





heat up skillet and brown chuck roast on all sides 






Place browned roast on top of vegetables





Mix onion soup mix into 3/4 cup water


 Pour onion mix over the top of the roast

Place lid on crock pot and set to low.  Let the roast cook for 8-9 hours.

Once the roast and vegetables are finished cooking, you will have a little bit of liquid at the bottom of your slow cooker.  If you would like to use that as gravy (which I highly recommend) just add a little bit of flour to thicken the liquid.  About 1 spoonful at a time until you reach the desired consistency.

The roast should be tender enough to just fall apart.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment